The Minnesota Office of Higher Education (OHE) is offering COVID-19 payment relief options.
- 0% interest rate
- All SELF and SELF Refi Loans have a 0% interest rate for March 13, 2020 through September 30, 2020. No action is needed to obtain this rate.
- New loans will have the temporary COVID -19 rate of 0% through September 30, 2020 and will return to posted rates on October 1, 2020. Disclosures will reflect the July 1, 2020 posted rates.
- Six-month forbearances
- Special six-month COVID-19 forbearances are available upon request for SELF and SELF Refi Loans serviced by Firstmark Services. Request a COVID-19 forbearance by logging into your Firstmark account at FirstmarkServices.com.
- COVID-19 forbearance must be requested by September 30, 2020.
- COVID-19 forbearances are not available for loans with first disbursement dates after June 30, 2020.
If you have a question about an application in process please contact our servicer Firstmark Services. Contact information is available in the following link: www.firstmarkservices.com. If you have a question for OHE please e-mail your question to email@example.com and we will respond within 1-3 business days.
About SELF Refi
The SELF Refi is a student loan refinancing program administered by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education, a state agency. The program is available to Minnesota residents who completed a postsecondary course of study and meet the credit criteria. SELF Refi could reduce the amount of interest you pay and/or provide a more manageable monthly payment amount. This program is available for qualifying loans where the student is the borrower. Parent PLUS loans are not eligible.